Saboteur Burns While Attempting To Attack Power Line In Yemen
[Yemen Post] A saboteur had half of this body burned after noon Sunday while attempting to attack a power supply line in Yemen's Marib province, Almasdar Online reported, quoting a statement by an official at the electricity ministry.
"Abdullah Medraj, who was blacklisted on charges related to attacking power supply lines, was burned after he fell while attempting to throw a steal stick at one of the power lines in the Al-Jadaan area," the source said, according to the website.
"When he got his body burned, Medraj fired bullets in the air and the people rushed to the area and took him to hospital," the source continued.
The security authorities in Marib have ordered to hold him inside the hospital since he was wanted on ten attacks on power lines in the past few months, the source said.
Under orders from President Abdrabu Mansour Hadi, the authorities have recently blacklisted and started hunts for suspects in Marib accused of sabotaging power lines.
Hadi urged the authorities to give top priority to protecting power supply lines and key public properties in tribal areas , saying in a speech earlier this month lawsuits should be filed against saboteurs immediately.
Tribesmen in this notorious province usually attack power lines and oil pipelines to pressure the government to meet special demands.
Many cities including the capital Sanaa have been plunged into darkness through 2011-2012 because of persistent attacks sending the Marib gas-fired station of commission.
Posted by: Fred