Bloody Zacatecas: 12 die
For a map, click here. For a map of Zacatecas state, click here
By Chris Covert
A total of 12 individuals including two young females were murdered in ongoing drug and gang related violence in Zacatecas state since last Friday, according to several news accounts which appeared on the website of El Sol de Zacatecas news daily.
- Three unidentified individuals were found dead last Sunday in Jerez and Ciudad Cuauhtemoc municipalities. Two dead were found on a road in Jerez municipality between Jerez and Fresnillo municipalities. A third corpse was found in Ciudad Cuauhtemoc municipality near the dam at El Cargadero. The body found at El Cargadero was said to be a female.
- Three unidentified individuals were found dead in Fresnillo municipality in two separate incidents. One man was found dead near Calle Suave Patria in Barrio Alto colony at around 0300 hrs. The victim had been shot several times. Two more dead were found later Monday afternoon near the village of Purisima del Maguey. Both victims had been shot.
- Two unidentified men were found dead Wednesday morning in Fresnillo municipality. The victims were found near the village of Modelo, on the road to the village of Mesa de Puentes. One of the victims was wearing the uniform of a private security company.
- Two unidentified young females were found dead in Calera municipality Friday. The victims, aged 19 and 13, were found on the access road to the airport at around 0700 hrs. Both females were shot in the face and were found nude. The news item said the crime was organized crime related.
- Two men were shot to death and two others were wounded in a shooting at a Fresnillo dance hall early Saturday morning. The shooting took place at the Foro 57 dance hall on Avenida Garcia Salinas, where armed suspects entered the establishment and started shooting at around 0200 hrs. One of the dead were identified as Cesar Mayorga Fierros, 28, of Corrales in Sombrerete municipality. One of the wounded was identified as Mario Adabache Ibarra, 26, from Francisco Villa colony, presumably in Fresnillo.
Chris Covert writes Mexican Drug War and national political news for Rantburg.com
Posted by: badanov