Badanov's Buzzkill Bulletin
For a map, click here
By Chris Covert
Mexican Army units since November 14th have seized 2,082.8 kilograms of marijuana, 5.8 kilograms of poppy seed and 2.1 kilograms of opium gum, according to official Mexican government news sources.
- An army unit with the Mexican 7th Military Zone rescued a kidnapping victim in Nuevo Leon state November 14th. The military unit was on patrol in Juarez municipality when the rescue took place. Three unidentified suspects were detained at the scene. Soldiers also secured one rifle, 19 weapons magazines, 446 rounds of ammunition and one vehicle.
- Mexican Army units with the 22nd Military Zone dismantled a number of communications nodes in Guerrero and Mexico state November 14th. Communication nodes were located in Tlatlaya municipality in Mexico state and Arcelia municipality in Guerrero state. Soldiers seized 17 radios, five RF amplifiers, two radio frequency detection equipment, one transmission console, six antennas, two solar panels, one electrical generator, computer equipment and documents.
- An army unit with the Mexican 26th Military Zone secured weapons in a raid in Veracruz state November 14th. The unit was on patrol in Misantla municipality when soldiers detained one unidentified individual. Seized contraband included six rifles, 42 weapons magazines, 700 rounds of ammunition and one motorcycle.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 26th Military Zone exchanged gunfire with armed suspects in Veracruz state November 15th. The military unit was on patrol in Xalapa city when it came under small arms fire. Three armed suspects died when soldiers returned fire. Soldiers also secured three rifles, weapons and ammunition, four grenades and one vehicle.
- An army unit with the Mexican 10th Military Zone seized quantities of drugs in Durango state November 15th. The military unit was on patrol when soldiers discovered and secured 5.8 kilograms of poppy seed, 2.1 kilograms of opium gum, two handguns, three weapons chargers, six rounds of ammunition and an ATV.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 2nd Military Zone seized a quantity of marijuana in Baja California state November 15th. The unit was on patrol in Santa Catarina municipality when it rolled upon an abandoned vehicle with 437.7 kilograms of marijuana in 49 packages. Soldiers also found a road nearby which could be used as a landing strip for fixed wing aircraft. The landing strip was destroyed by soldiers.
- An army unit with the 2nd Military Zone secured a quantity of marijuana in Baja California state November 15th. The drug find was made in Santa Catarina municipality near ejido Benito Juarez where soldiers seized 44 packages of marijuana totalling 370 kilograms. Separately, a Mexican Army unit destroyed a landing strip for fixed wing aircraft in Ejido Heroes de la Independencia.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 7th Military Zone exchanged gunfire with armed suspects in Tamaulipas state November 15th. The shootout took place in Prados de Oriente residential division in Reynosa municipality where armed suspects fired on the military unit. Army return fire killed three suspects. Soldiers also secured in the aftermath three rifles, weapons magazines and ammunition and one armor plated vehicle.
- An army unit with the 25th Military Zone seized a quantity of illegally obtained fuel in Puebla state Novmber 14th. The seizure took place incidental to a traffic stop which took place near the village of San Marcos in Tehuacan municipality. Soldiers secured 7,000 liters of gasoline. One unidentified individual was detained at the scene.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 13th Military Zone seized a quantity of marijuana in Nayarit state November 17th. The unit was on patrol near the village of Miravalles in Compostela municipality when it rolled upon two abandoned vehicles with the drugs inside. Soldiers seized 5.5 kilograms of marijuana, an undisclosed quantity of marijuana divided for personal use and retail sale, one rifle, two weapons magazines and 35 rounds of ammunition.
- An army unit with the 14th Military Zone seized more than one metric ton of marijuana in Aguascaliente state November 16th. Soldiers of the unit were conducting searches at an army checkpoint in Cosio municipality when they searched a tractor trailer truck coming from Tecoman, Colima and bound for Reynosa, Tamaulipas, and found the drugs. A total 1,255.6 kilograms of marijuana were secured. One unidentified individual was detained at the scene.
- A Mexican Army unit with the 15th Military Zone exchanged gunfire with armed suspects in Jalisco state November 17th. The military was on patrol when it came under small arms fire in Arandas municipality. Army return gunfire killed three armed suspects. Soldiers also secured seven rifles, four handguns, 4,761 rounds of ammunition, 75 weapons magazines, 14 kilograms of marijuana and four vehicles.
Chris Covert writes Mexican Drug War and national political news for Rantburg.com
Posted by: badanov