14 die in Monterrey and Nuevo Leon
For a map, click here. For a map of Nuevo Leon state, click here. For a map of Monterrey, click here
By Chris Covert
A total of seven individuals were shot to death in two separate incidents in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon Saturday afternoon, according to Mexican news reports.
A news item which appeared on the website of Milenio news daily reported that six men in their 20s were gunned down by armed suspects travelling aboard two vehicles in Nieto Garza colony. The shooting took place at around 1800 hrs Saturday evening near the intersection of calles 20 de Noviembre and Juan B. Ceballos. Four of the victims died at the scene of the shooting, while a fifth victim was wounded but died before reaching medical care.
The victims were identified as Martin Bautista Flores, AKA El Campita, Ignacio Bautista Flores, David Bautista Castillo, Carlos Alberto Martínez Ruiz and Miguel Bautista. Martin Bautista Flores was identified as a former police agent. Martin Contreras Guerrero was another victim.
A second incident took place at around 1850 hrs Saturday evening near the intersection of calles Lima and Ignacio Comonfort, where two unidentified men were shot to death and two others were wounded in a garage at a residence.
Seven other individuals were killed or were found dead in or near Monterrey.
- A man was shot to death while standing at a queue at a taco stand in Pueblo Nuevo colony in Apodaca municipality colony Saturday night. Miguel Angel Ochoa Guzman, 35, died at the scene near the intersection of calles Rio Aconcagua and Rio Acaponeta. According to the translation, two unidentified armed suspects exited from a vehicle and shot Ochoa Guzman in the head before fleeing from the scene on foot. The suspects were said to have taken a taxi a few block away.
- An unidentified man was executed following a rollover car crash in Monterrey Saturday night. The victim was involved in a pursuit in Independencia colony at around 2100 hrs, when the driver of the car he was travelling in crashed near the intersection of calle Oaxaca and Lago de Patzcuar.
- An unidentified man in his 20s was shot to death in Monterrey Friday afternoon. The incident took place at around 1645 hrs near the intersection of calles Carlos Salazar and Constantino de Tarnava in Zona Centro, where the victim was dismounted from a vehicle and shot twice in the head.
- An unidentified man in his 20s was shot and seriously wounded in Monterrey Friday night. The incident took place near the intersection of calles Martin Carrera and Napoleon Bonaparte in Estrella colony at around 2130 hrs. The victim was walking to the home of his girlfriend when unidentified armed suspects, also on foot, shot him.
- An unidentified man was found found dismembered and placed in two garbage bags in Moderna colony of Monterrey. The find was made around 1100 hrs Sunday near the intersection of Privada Cedro and Calle Mirto. The report suggested the victim was dumped at the location.
- An unidentified individual was found dead in Independencia colony in Monterrey Sunday. A patrol with the Nuevo Leon state Fuerzas Civiles located skeletal remains in a remote area on Calle San Agustin. The report said the victim may have been killed as many as eight months ago.
- Two unidentified men were found shot to death aboard an abandoned car on a highway in Nuevo Leon Sunday evening. The victims were found in the trunk of a sedan near Cienega de Flores municipality on Kilometer 42 of the highway to Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas.
- A facility belonging to the Procuraduria General de la Republica or national attorney general was hit with small arms fire on Sunday just after the discovery of the two dead individuals near Cienega de Flores municipality. About eight shots were fired into a fence which surrounds the facility, which is in Escobedo municipality, north of Monterrey. No one was reported hurt in the attack.
Chris Covert writes Mexican Drug War and national political news for Rantburg.com
Posted by: badanov