Woman blows off fingers after mistaking stick of dynamite for candle
[ABC] A woman in Connecticut blew her fingers off after mistaking a stick of dynamite for a candle, ABC New York station WABC reported.
The woman's home -- on Lindley Street in Bridgeport, Connecticut ‐ had lost power after a thunderstorm Thursday night, and the family came back from a trip to Home Depot empty-handed, since the store was closed, WABC reported, citing the Bridgeport Fire Marshal's Office.
The family then remembered that there was a box of what they believed to be candles in the basement that had been left by the previous resident, fire officials said.
The victim lit a quarter-stick of dynamite and suffered serious injuries to her face and loss multiple fingers in her hands.
The woman, in her 30s and the mother of two children, was transported to a local hospital after the accident.
Posted by: Besoeker 2018-09-09