Parwan deputy education director Atta Mohammad Matin was killed and the head of the department Zalmai Shaheed was wounded in a magnetic IED explosion on Tuesday night, local officials confirmed Wednesday.
According to Farhad Hashimi, Parwan police CID acting-director, the incident occurred at about 11:00 pm on Tuesday night when Matin and Shaheed were on their way home.
A magnetic IED had been attached to their vehicle, officials said.
“They had been attending a cultural program in Charekar, the capital of the province,” Hashimi said.
So far no one has been arrested in connection with the incident, Hashimi added.
No group including the Taliban has claimed responsibility for the explosion.
[RadioShabelle] In coordination with the Federal Government of Somalia, U.S. forces conducted an Arclight airstrike in Somalia against al-Shabaab ... Somalia's version of the Taliban, functioning as an arm of al-Qaeda... on Tuesday, Nov. 14 at approximately 6 p.m. local Somalia time, killing several Lion of Islams.
The operation occurred 60 miles northwest of the capital, Mogadishu.
Al-Shabaab has pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda and is dedicated to providing a safe haven for terrorist attacks throughout the world. al-Shabaab has publicly committed to planning and conducting attacks against the U.S. and our partners in the region.
U.S. forces will continue to use all authorized and appropriate measures to protect Americans and to disable terrorist threats.
This includes partnering with AMISOM and Somali National Security Forces (SNSF); targeting terrorists, their training camps and safe havens throughout Somalia, the region and around the world.
[RadioShabelle] Somalia’s security minister, Mohammed Abukar Islow said Osman Hajji aka Maadey was identified as the jacket wallah who drove the truck bomb which killed hundreds of lives on 14th October.
Somali intelligence agency has tossed in the slammer Youse'll never take me alive coppers!... [BANG!]... Ow!... I quit! other five individuals in connection with the country’s deadliest bombing by the murderous Moslems, according to the minister.
"The government arrested five suspects for Oct 14 attack. So far, we have in jug, five men with names of, Hassan Adan Isack, the driver of the second car, Ali Yussuf Ways Aka Duaale who would be the second suicide bomber, Abdiweli Ahmed Dirie, the group’s head of explosive experts in Mogadishu, Mukhtar Mohammed known as Gardhuub, big shot and Abdullahi Abdi Warsame," said Islow.
The minister noted that the security forces launched a manhunt in search of the truck owner whose name has not been displayed.
"Apart from those in jug, our forces are hunting down the owner of the truck who is on run. Additionally, the seventh person was the driver of the truck who died in the blast," the Minister explained.
One month after the deadly bombing, Somali government on Tuesday released CCTV showing the truck used for the blast, hitting other vehicles on its way to Zoobe junction where it went off, killing hundreds and destroying nearby hotels, restaurants, shops, NGOs and government installations.
[ENGLISH.ALARABIYA.NET] An Egyptian court Wednesday upheld a life sentence passed in 2016 against Moslem Brüderbund leader Mohammed Badie over deadly festivities following Islamist president Mohammed Morsi’s ouster, judicial officials said.
The court of cassation, whose rulings can not be appealed, upheld the verdict of life terms against Badie, the Brotherhood’s spiritual guide, and eight others over festivities in the Suez Canal city of Ismailiya that killed three people.
The court also confirmed three-year jail sentences against 19 defendants and 10-year terms against 29 others.
The authorities have tossed in the clink Maw! They're comin' to get me, Maw! thousands of Brotherhood leaders and members, including Morsi, since his ouster by the army in 2013.
Hundreds have been sentenced to death, although many have appealed and won retrials.
The country was rocked by violence for weeks after Morsi’s supporters set up protest camps and demonstrated against his overthrow.
On August 14, 2013, security forces violently dispersed two protest camps in Cairo demanding Morsi be reinstated, leaving more than 700 people dead.
Morsi had won the country’s first free election in 2012, a year after a popular uprising ousted veteran strongman Hosni Mubarak ...The former President-for-Life of Egypt, dumped by popular demand in early 2011... But his rule was divisive ...politicians call things divisive when when the other side sez something they don't like. Their own statements are never divisive, they're principled... and millions held protests in Cairo demanding his resignation, prompting the army to overthrow and detain him.
Badie is facing charges in more than 35 trials, according to his lawyers. He was handed death sentences in three other cases but those rulings have been scrapped.
Posted by: Fred ||
11/16/2017 00:00 ||
Top|| File under: Muslim Brotherhood
[Ynet] A suicide kaboom killed 10 people and injured 30 others in the northeast Nigeria ... a particularly crimson stretch of Islam's bloody border... n city of Maiduguri on Wednesday, an emergency agency official said.
Bello Dambatta, a front man for the State Emergency Agency (SEMA), said the attack took place in the Muna Garage district of the city, which is the capital of Borno state and the epicentre of the Islamist bully boyBoko Haram ... not to be confused with Procol Harum, Harum Scarum, possibly to be confused with Helter Skelter. The Nigerian version of al-Qaeda and the Taliban rolled together and flavored with a smigeon of distinctly Subsaharan ignorance and brutality... insurgency.
[ENGLISH.ALARABIYA.NET] ISIS murderous Moslems in Yemen ...an area of the Arabian Peninsula sometimes mistaken for a country. It is populated by more antagonistic tribes and factions than you can keep track of. Except for a tiny handfull of Jews everthing there is very Islamic... on Tuesday released a picture of a man claiming that he was the jacket wallah behind the attack on security forces’ headquarters in the center of the Yemeni capital Aden earlier that morning.
The terrorist group, which follows ISIS and refers to themselves as Islamic State ...formerly ISIS or ISIL, depending on your preference. Before that al-Qaeda in Iraq, as shaped by Abu Musab Zarqawi. They're very devout, committing every atrocity they can find in the Koran and inventing a few more. They fling Allah around with every other sentence, but to hear the pols talk they're not really Moslems.... of Iraq and the Levant ‐ Yemen Province, said that the operation executer is called Abu Hajar al-Adani.
On various social media platforms and forums under their name, the organization shared the photo of the suicide bomber with his nickname, the aforementioned, but did not reveal his real identity.
Meanwhile, ...back at the comedy club, Boogie ducked another tomato... local activists said the picture in question shows a man named Ayman al-Dabbabah from Mualla district in Aden. According to the activists, Dabbabah has been missing for over two and half years and his family has been looking for him since.
Posted by: Fred ||
11/16/2017 00:00 ||
Top|| File under: Islamic State
[ENGLISH.ALARABIYA.NET] Bahraini authorities have incarcerated Drop the gat, Rocky, or you're a dead 'un! a terror suspect on charges of plotting a recent deadly attack on a police bus and identified an Iran-backed cell involved in a series of plots including kabooms on three oil pipelines.
Bahrain’s chief of public security told news hounds at a presser on Wednesday that Zuhair Ebrahim Jassim Abdullah Abas, 37, was arrested for plotting a kaboom on a police bus on Oct. 27 which resulted in the death of policeman Salman Anjam and the injuring of nine others.
Abas’ partner in the plot has reportedly escaped to Iran.
"This was one of a series of terrorist crimes that were planned and executed by a cell linked to Iran-based terror runaways and closely connected to the Iranian Revolutionary Guards," a statement from an interior ministry spokesperson read.
"The disruption of the terror cell foiled a major plot to target public personalities in Bahrain and launch attacks with explosives on three oil pipelines," the statement added.
The suspect arrested on Wednesday is part of a five-man terror cell identified for taking part in past attacks and plotting other ones across the island kingdom. In October 2011, the members of the cell travelled by land to Syria and then to Iran. Their passports were not stamped at the Syria-Iranian border.
They travelled again to Iran in July 2017, according to authorities.
"Cell members were trained by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard on how to plan and execute kabooms. This included training on how to plant bombs. The types of explosives used included TNT, RDX and C4. They were also taught how to make moulds for shaped charges, and received training on the technical aspects of bomb-making. They were trained to handle tasers, AK-47s, M16s, RPGs, and pistols," authorities said.
Bahraini authorities identified the following men as part of the cell: Qassim Abdullah Ali Ahmed, also known as "Qassim al-Muamen", 28, whose Bahraini nationality was revoked after being sentenced in absentia to life imprisonment on terror charges. The second man identified is Sadiq Jaffar Mohammed Abdullah Al Tooq, 36, and wanted on terror-related charges, including the manufacturing and possession of homemade bombs. Mahdi Ebrahim Jassim Abdullah, 28, was the third identified member and was earlier sentenced in absentia to 30 years on terror charges, including bomb-making. The fourth runaway was named as Mohammed Mahdi Mohammed Hassan, 39, a heavy truck driver wanted on suspicion of plotting acts of terrorism, manufacturing bombs, and executing acts of terrorism. He was sentenced in absentia for eight cases of robbery and rioting.
All four men are currently runaways after escaping to Iran.
Posted by: Fred ||
11/16/2017 00:00 ||
Top|| File under: Govt of Pakistain Proxies
[IsraelTimes] Gunmen have shot and killed 15 men who were planning to cross into Iran on their way to Europe ...also known as Moslem Lebensraum... as well as a police official and three of his family members in separate attacks in southwestern Pakistain, officials say.
Darmoon Bawani, an administrator in Turbat district, which borders Iran, says the 15 men were killed in a mountain village. He says they ranged in age from 18 to 30 years old, and all hailed from the populous Punjab 1.) Little Orphan Annie's bodyguard
2.) A province of Pakistain ruled by one of the Sharif brothers
3.) A province of India. It is majority (60 percent) Sikh and Hindoo (37 percent), which means it has relatively few Moslem riots.... province. Travel documents show they were planning to go to Europe, likely to seek work as migrant laborers. Their bodies were found today.
No one is claiming responsibility for the killings. Baluch separatists in the region have attacked workers from Punjab in the past. Islamic Death Eaters also operate in the region.
In the other attack, button men riding on cycle of violences opened fire on a car carrying a deputy superintendent of police and his wife, son and daughter, killing them on the spot.
Government front man Anwarul Haq says the attack took place in the quiet provincial capital, Quetta. It came a week after a jacket wallah killed Quetta’s police chief and three other officers. The Pak Taliban ...the Pashtun equivalent of men... claimed that attack.
[Dawn] Four of the 15 people who were killed in Kech district of Balochistan ...the Pak province bordering Kandahar and Uruzgun provinces in Afghanistan and Sistan Baluchistan in Iran. Its native Baloch propulation is being displaced by Pashtuns and Punjabis and they aren't happy about it... on Tuesday, were from different areas of Gujrat and Mandi Bahauddin districts.
The bereaved families of the victims told the media that their loved ones had left their homes a few days ago to reach Europe ...also known as Moslem Lebensraum... after illegally crossing the borders of Iran and The Sick Man of Europe Turkey ...the only place on the face of the earth that misses the Ottoman Empire.... with the help of a human trafficking network being run at Phalia tehsil of Mandi Bahauddin.
One of the victims, Saifullah, 39, belonged to Dhab village situated in Tanda area of the district. He had left two children and a wife to mourn, besides five brothers and three sisters.
The three others ‐ Azhar Farooq, Zulfiqar Ali and Khuram Shahzad ‐ were respectively from Malakwal, Parhana Lok and Charranwala areas of Mandi Bahauddin district.
Their families said they too wanted to travel to Europe for jobs through the network of a Phalia-based human trafficker, Muhamma Khan Pathan.
Meanwhile, ...back at the pound, the little lost dog had finished eating the rat terrier... Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif ...Pak dynastic politician, brother of PM Nawaz Sharif, chief minister of Punjab... has condemned the tragic incident and constituted a committee to make arrangements for shifting the bodies of the victims to their native places.
[Ynet] Administration of Border Crossings, Population and Immigration, police and the Eilat municipality carried out a joint operation against infiltrators and illegal migrants colonists. Authorities also held inspections at businesses managed by same migrants colonists with permits.
Some 30 infiltrators were detained and their businesses ordered closed.
The infiltrators' case files will be examined and they will undergo hearings at the Administration of Border Crossings, Population and Immigration, following which they will be sent to the Saharonim detention facility.
[Inquirer] Six local residents of Sulu were abducted by armed men believed to be Abu Sayyaf militants, the military said Wednesday. Military spokesman Cirilito Sobejana said that 15 armed men seized six individuals in Patikul town past on Tuesday evening.
The victims were identified as Jessy Trinidad, 55; Nene Trinidad, 56; Aloh Trinidad, 22; Lucy Hapole, 21; Junjun Hapole, 12; and Nelson Hapole, 7.
Sobejana said, "This demonstrates that the notorious kidnappers in Sulu are victimizing anybody, including their fellow Tausugs, even those who have less in life. Such hostility reminds us that security is everybody’s responsibility."
Posted by: ryuge ||
11/16/2017 00:00 ||
Top|| File under: Abu Sayyaf (ISIS)
[AnNahar] The Lebanese army on Tuesday placed in durance vile Keep yer hands where we can see 'em, if yez please! runaway Islamist holy man Mustafa al-Hujeiri, aka Abou Taqiyeh,
Father of Lies? He does presume above his station.
in the northeastern border town of Arsal, the Army Command-Orientation Directorate said in a statement.
The statement added that the arrest was made early at dawn and that interrogations have kicked off with the related judiciary.
In September, the army sought the arrest of Hujeiri following confessions by his detained son, Obada, about his father's alleged involvement in the 2014 kidnap of around 30 Lebanese soldiers and coppers during festivities with jihadist groups.
Media reports also said that the detainee is involved in several terror acts.
No doubt, given that some of the kidnappers belonged to Al Nusra, and the rest to ISIS.
The town of Abu Kamal in the Deir Ezzor province that had been the last major ISIL stronghold in Syria was liberated by the government forces with Russia’s aerial assistance last week.
The Russian Defense Ministry has announced that six Tu-22M3 long-range bombers had struck ISIL targets near Syria’s town of Abu Kamal.
“Fortified areas, manpower and armored vehicles of terrorists have been targeted,” Defense Ministry stated, adding that means of reconnaissance had confirmed the destruction of all the designated targets.
The strikes come in the wake of the Syrian army’s liberation of the town of Abu Kamal that had been the last largest ISIL hotbed in the war-torn state.
Commenting on the successful operation to free Abu Kamal in the Deir Ezzor province, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu stated last week that the demining of the area had started, while the Syrian army’s offensive in the eastern bank of river Euphrates was developing successfully.
Posted by: badanov ||
11/16/2017 00:00 ||
Top|| File under: Islamic State
A multi-volume chronology and reference guide set detailing three years of the Mexican Drug War between 2010 and 2012.
Rantburg.com and borderlandbeat.com correspondent and author Chris Covert presents his first non-fiction work detailing
the drug and gang related violence in Mexico.
Chris gives us Mexican press dispatches of drug and gang war violence
over three years, presented in a multi volume set intended to chronicle the death, violence and mayhem which has
dominated Mexico for six years.