Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
#1 Like the Senate in Imperial Rome. A debating society.
Posted by Alaska Paul 2013-02-10 14:28||
#2 See also CHINESE DEFENSE > THE DPRK SHOULD INVADE THE SOUTH NOW.
ARTIC = DPRK is at or very near to decisive "make-or-break" point, Better for the DPRK to wage war now agz the ROK or US-ROK [Japan?] + risk Chinese MilPol intervention in DPRK to its advantage than to keep getting weaker-n-weaker steadily but certainly vee China, US, ROK + every other Nation in NE + East Asia???
* WORLD NEWS > SOUTH KOREA ON "FIRST STRIKE ALERT" OVER [North Korea] NUCLEAR TESTS.
* FREEREPUBLIC > [Zero Hedge] IS CHINA MOBILIZING FOR A WAR AGZ JAPAN? Various NDTV Repors or claims of mass PLA Troop, Vehicle deployments in Pert-acknowledged "strategic" Fujian + Zhejian provinces [logistics support].
MAP = provinces are offshore = right next to TAIWAN which is China's main/ultimate focii.
Lest we fergit, CHINA wants the Senkakus [Okinawa?] to guard the sea/maritime approaches to, from its desired future PLA Milbases in [post-Unification] TAIWAN. "CONTINENTAL SHELF" = UW SEAFLOOR RESOURCES = GOOD-TO-ALSO-HAVE.
* SAME > [Japan Times] CHINESE VESSELS BUSY CIRCLING THE SENKAKUS AGAIN.
FYI, besides allegedly locking on its weapons radars agz Nippon JMSDF Ship + Helo, China during same suppos scrambled another 10 PLAAF strike-fighters as a just-in-case???
* WORLD MILITARY FORUM > SOUTH KOREA "CENTRAL DAILY" MEDIA: US, SOUTH KOREA DO NOT RULE OUT PREEMPTIVE MILITARY STRIKE AGZ NORTH KOREA OVER NUCLEAR TESTS.
* SAME > US OFFICIALS: NORTH KOREA MAY TEST-FIRE KN-08 "MUSUDAN" NUCLEAR-CAPABLE INTERCONTINENTAL BALLISTIC MISSLES DURING THIRD NUCLEAR TEST.
* TOPIX > [Stars & Stripes] IFF SEQUESTRATION CUTS TAKE EFFECT, USS "GEORGE WASHINGTON" MAY BE ONLY US CARRIER READY TO RESPOND IN A CRISIS.
Ahhh yes, NORTH KOREA vs. the "MIGHTY GEORGE" once again.
Some MilBloggers-Posters opine that "sequestration" + related woes gives the Bammer a PCorrect-Deniable excuse to allow China + PLA to militarily forcibly change the map in NE Asia quyickly before the US can PCorrectly intervene on behalf of its Ally(s) but I won't get into that now.
* TOPIX > VARIOUS = US TO BECOME A SECOND-RATE POWER.
* CHINESE DEFENSE > CHINESE SHIP CONTINUES PATROLLING DIAOYU ISLANDS WATERS.
CHINA REJECTED JAPAN-PROPOSED "ISLAND-SHARING" AS PER THE SENKAKUS, BUT WILL CHINA ACCEPT THE IDEA VEE THE "WEAK/DECLINING" = "SECOND-RATE" [worse/lower?] USA - Will China demand + get US-accepted "Base Rights" to Guam-CNMI e.g. PLAN/Navy + PLAAF in Guam [NW Field] or CNMI???
Will Guam "capsize" like Celine "Titanic" Dion's mighty but vulnerable USN Battleship USS "Oklahoma" wid the USDOD + PLA here???