Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
#1 Some Pundits believe the Israeli air strike was an indirect warning to Iran that something bigger + badder is coming???
* TOPIX > ISRAEL KEEPS SILENT ON SUDAN AIR STRIKE.
* SAME > IRAN EXPANDS CENTRAL ASIAN ECONOMIC TIES TO COUNTER [new harder UN]SANCTIONS.
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > IFF OBAMA WINS SECOND TERM, ISRAEL JANUARY ATTACK ON IRAN LOOMS LARGE -FORBES.
* SAME > OBAMA AND ROMNEY: WAR NO MATTER WHOM WINS THE ELECTION.
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > IN PAKISTAN, OBAMA AND ROMNEY SEEN EQUALLY AS BAD OPTIONS.
* SAME > OBAMA TRUMPS ROMNEY IN THIRD PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE: BOTH AGREE THAT DRONE STRIKES ON PAKISTAN SHOULD CONTINUE.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-10-26 01:49||
#2 ALso bear in mind that Sudan-based SHAHAAB-3's can be used to support strikes agz both Israel as well as USDOD-Navy, Allied targets in the Persian Gulf + Sea of Oman + Arabian Gulf/Sea.
I see nothing to indicate that Iran has changed its strategy to isolate US Navy CVBGS + Gator Amphibs + Allied to outside the Persian Gulf AMAP ALAP AFAP where they can be targeted and attacked by Iranian LRBMS, Air, etc. [Pakistan LRBMS?] while minimizing any need for Iran to detonate Nukes-WMDS on its own soil to defeat an anti-NucProg US-led ground invasion.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-10-26 01:56||