Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
#1 If it actually passed over Okinawa in one piece, it actually traveled some 1,500 km.
Almost the distance from Tehran to Tel Aviv.
Posted by Mullah Richard 2012-12-11 21:00||
#2 Iff it did pass oer OKINAWA, then it would appear than Japan's MSDFfailed to shoot it down for some reason.
* TWITTER@TODAYONLINE > Twithead/User repors that the Rocket is expected to land in the Pacific Ocean circa 300-km east of the Philippines.
* Also, as per DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > FOUR CHINESE WARSHIPS PASS THROUGH CONTINGOUS ZONE IN SOUTHWESTERN JAPAN, off Yonaguni-jima to enter into the East China Sea.
Iff I were to speculate, these are prob returning escort ships from the PLAN "LIAONING' CV Task Group on TX in WESTPAC???
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-12-11 21:16||
#3 TOPIX > [SCMP] > JAPAN MAKES NO ATTEMPT TO SHOOTDOWN NORTH KOREA ROCKET.
* SAME > NORTH KOREA CALLS ROCKET LAUNCH SUCCESSFUL DESPITE CRITICISM.
* KOREA HERALD > SOUTH KOREAN DEFENSE CHIEF SAYS FIRST, SECOND STAGE SEPARATION FROM NORTH KOREA ROCKET WAS SUCCESSFUL.
ION TOPIX REGIONAL ....
* TOPIX > [Asia News Network = ANN] VIETNAM MILITARY ISSUES DECREE FOR FOREIGN SHIPS.
THIS MAY NOT END WELL, COME POST-JANUARY 1st, 2013 VEE CHINA as by my read Vietnam's new decree is applicable to Vietnam's claims on disputed islands in the SCS, i.e. the Chinese-claimed Nanshas [Spratlys] + Xishas [Paracels].
* SAME > JAKARTA: NO "OVERT THREAT" FROM CHINESE PUSH, ala South China Sea claims = new Sansha.
* SAME, BHARAT RAKSHAK > INDIA HAS TO ACCEPT'S CHINA'S PRESENCE IN "EXCLUSIVE" AREAS: SALMAN KHURSHID, i.e. in India's own perceived historical "backyard" = disputed regions ostensibly for the sake of peace.
* BHARAT RAKSHAK > [Times of India] DON'T BE ON THE BACK FOOT:THOSE WHO SEEK TO DISTORT/DISPUTE NAVY CHIEF JOSHI'S MESSAGE [vee China = South China Sea] DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND SEAPOWER.
* BHARAT RAKSHAK > TAIWAN'S "STATUS QUO" IS JUST NO GOOD ENOUGH.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-12-12 00:01||