Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
* SAME > WIPING SAUDI ARABIA OFF THE MAP | JEWS AND ARABS CAN AGREE NUCLEAR IRAN IS TO BE FEARED.
* ZEROHEDGE > "WE ARE THIS FAR FROM A TURNKEY TOTALITARIAN STATE", in the US of A.
America = Amerika, the OWG Mighty USSA versus the OWG Weak USRoA Global SSR.
* SAME > [Russia Today] DID OBAMA SIGN MARTIAL LAW EXECUTIVE/PRESIDENTIAL ORDER?
D *** NGED NORTH KOREAN INVASION OF CONUS-NORAM [Red Dawn II].
Solar Flare? Asteroid? Peak Oil-Resources? All?
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > BARACK OBAMA [quietly?] PREPARES US FOR WAR, LIKELY IN ANTICIPATION OF IRAN-ISRAEL BLOWUP | ED BLACK: BARACK OBAMA PREPARES [US] FOR WAR FOOTING.
Lest we fergit, NOSTRADAMUS = IRAN/PERSIA WILL NOT + NEVER EVAR! BE DEFEATED UNTIL CUSTER + 7TH CAVALRY "HOLD THE LINE", agz Enemy human waves.
[1960's GUAM TAOTAMONAS = OLIVER STONE'S "PLATOON", AL GORE + VIETNAM M-16, SLASH AS VAL KILMER in "THE DOORS", + TEXAS-SIZED ASTEROIDS here].
D *** NG IT, SO THE SWORD'S NAME IS "EXCALIBUR", WHATS THE BIG DEAL!?
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-03-20 00:54||
#2 Yea, that's too bad.
Posted by g(r)omgoru 2012-03-20 05:09||
#3 DUH !!
Did Pentagon also find Perils in a nuclear Iran attacking the US with nukes 5 years from now ?
Classical case of "his master's voice" trying to win Champ some quiet time till after the elections, which IMHO will cost much more American blood being spilled after the elections and clearly jeopardize the success of any attack on the nuclear sites once the Iranians move them 200 meters below solid rock.
Typical Obama tactics of ignoring threats with the hope that they can be passed on to anyone suceeding him as POTUS.
Obambi will go down history dustbin as the POTUS who decided not to decide.
A veritable coward !
Posted by Elder of Zion 2012-03-20 07:29||
#4 Does Google have a site for translating JM posts?
Posted by Chique Unock2033 2012-03-20 08:09||
#5 At this point, Israel should consider its ugly trump card. That is, concede that in a war with Iran, Israel's military would be so degraded that Israel would be vulnerable to its unstable neighbors, whose sole inclination would be to capitalize on that weakness and destroy Israel.
Therefore, during or after such a war, Israel will have no other choice but the use of nuclear weapons against any aggressor nation or even a heavily armed enemy living under the protection of another nation, such as Hezbollah.
Compounding this, other nations that aid or assist, directly or indirectly, secondary attacks against Israel in that time frame, will also be held accountable, even if they are just unable or unwilling to control the violent impulses of their citizens or parts of their government that engage in belligerent acts.
If the Muslim world joins in solidarity to attack Israel, then the entire Muslim world could be forfeit. And consideration must even be given to those European powers offering weapons and aid to Muslim nations to destroy Israel.
Since the rest of the world has chosen to blather and procrastinate in subduing Pakistan and Iran's drive for nuclear weapons, now it must consider the very real prospect of medium scale nuclear war consuming much of the region.
Posted by Anonymoose 2012-03-20 09:31||
#6 United States found it was pulled into the conflict after Iranian missiles struck a Navy warship in the Persian Gulf, killing about 200 Americans, according to officials
I wonder if the game has a "Gee, maybe it was all just a terrible mistake" option, wherein the POTUS refuses to retaliate?
Posted by Bobby on the road 2012-03-20 09:59||
I think this time we will indeed be forced to use nukes.
It is not clear what type of nukes and in what manner they will be used, but the situation may force us to use them.
In particular take into consideration the following:
1)A weak at the knees POTUS who might try to punish Israel for doing what he himself does not want to do.
2) A very serious chance that the destabilized Syria, Egypt and Lebanon will join the Hamas, Hizbullah the Iranians at an attempt to put an end to us once and for all. We will not be able to fight on four different fronts while sustaining a long range effort to defang the Mullah's (not for long anyhow). Therefore asction must be very quick and devastating in order to be able to finish the main goal and free the army for defending our borders from closer enwemies and the Iranian proxies.
3) The fact that the US will not supply us with the Big Bunker Busters, and what we have in stock may be inefficient against the Fordo fortifications may necessitate the use of one or more nukes (either Tactical nukes for penetration or a Dirty bomb that will bar access to the site for hundreds of years).
4) We have a long and sad experience with winning in the battlefield only to be forced to accept an armistice by either the US or the UN, instead of dictating the outcome on our own terms. We cannot have this happen in Iran !. Therefore, any attack on Iran must be quick and devastating to ensure that we erase their program in such a way so as to prevent them from doing anything nuclear in the next 20 years. - Nukes are the only way to guarantee that we achieve the military and political goals quickly enough before any of the Eurabs or some of our other "friends" will manage to force us to stop the operation short of achieving anything significant.
5) The political and economical cost of an Israeli operation will be so high (always convenient to blame the Jooooos for doing what you were afraid to do yourself), that we must ensure that the results will be immediate and long lasting - I think a three foot layer of highly radioactive glass over most of the sites might do wonders to guarantee good results that will certainly justify the political and economical high cost of such an attack.
I think that all rational military strategist will see this and take this into consideration !
Including the great world denuclearizer Hussein O'Bamba.
Posted by Elder of Zion 2012-03-20 10:11||
#8 I think Moose hit the nail on the head.
Posted by Hellfish 2012-03-20 11:57||
#9 Just hope all the fallout falls on Russia.
Posted by Ebbang Uluque6305 2012-03-20 17:46||
#10 *****'s for Elder of Zion an 'moose.........
Posted by Uncle Phester 2012-03-20 17:55||
#11 Google?"As If..."
If you aren't still totally stunned,and can still speechify; "Was there any particular part of JM's previous comment you'd like to have interpreted? Perhaps I can help...
Posted by Shamp Clong8416 2012-03-20 21:29||
#12 E of Z,
A US Led/supported/ In-flight refueling-sips strategy should have been "Job One". Since Pharaoh had no idea of what that meant, He instead decided to use AF-1 to facilitate 20 more fund-raisers before TGIF (He's such a Rad Marxist, don't you think?).
Posted by Shamp Clong8416 2012-03-20 21:53||