Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
#1 Various Perts believe that the DPRK is FULLY intent on building bigger + more tech-saavy Rockets irregardless of its pervasive food problems [starvation].
IMO read, UNLESS CHINA DOES SOMETHING TO STOP IT.
* FYI CHINA DAILY FORUM > VIETNAM NEEDS AGNIS [Indian LRBMS = ICBMS].
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > BARAK WARNS: EGYPT + TURKEY [+ even the KSA] WILL JOIN [Regional = ME] ARMS RACE, iff Iran goes nuclear, + wid the KSA likely getting theirs, or at least working samples therein, from Pakistan.
ARTIC > Close US ally the KSA don't want to appear as procuring NucBomb/NucWeaps Techs from Pakistan, whom is also rival Iran's BFF, whereas Pakistan doesn't want to to be stereotyped [again] as a propagator/proliferator
of Nuke Techs to anyone.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-04-30 00:27||
#2 First twas the Chinese Army = CPLA, now cometh the Chinese Navy = CPLAN ...
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > [Scarbough Shoal = Senior PLAN CDR. ADM. Li Shihong]CHINESE NAVY: WE WILL TAKE ACTION WHENEVER THE GOVT IS READY, + gives the Military the formal order to strike.
* CHINA DAILY FORUM > [Xinhua] CHINA DISMISSES JAPAN'S SHELF CLAIMS [to UN], as per UN recognition of "sole" Japanese sovereignty oer the Pacific UW seafloor to north of Okinotori Atoll.
CHINA = Iff anything, its our UW Continental Shelf, not wily Japan's.
* SAME > JAPAN PLAN TO BUY ISLANDS [China = Daoyus Islands/Daoyutai] "UNACCEPTABLE".
Nippon asking for Military trouble/confrontation wid China???
* WORLD MIL FORUM > CHINESE EXPERT QU XING: IT IS ALL BUT ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE US TO SUPPORT THE PHILIPPINES AGZ CHINA OVER HUNAGYAN ISLAND [Scarborough Shoal, PHIL = Panatag].
* WORLD MIL FORUM > US ECONOMIST: CHINA TO DOMINATE THE WORLD IN 20 YEARS [Year 2030, or verys hortly thereafter].
Various Ratios and Trends, etc. say it will be so.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-05-01 00:01||