Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
Posted by Recneck Jim 2012-05-28 10:47||
#2 No $$$ is quite possible, but IMO the greater reason is Jong-un + Pyongyang Boyz want to see the outcome between China + PHIL ala Scarborough Shoal - at last check, in the aftermath of the Sino-PHIL mutual fishing ban China has begun flooding the Shoal wid Fishing Boats + more armed Fishery Cutters, which has caused/led the PHIL to protest anew.
A US-CHINA-PHIL MIL CONFRONTATION IS STILL POSSIBLE - IMO Jong-un = NOKOR wants to see how China will act agz his country NOKOR in defense of its East Asia security.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-05-28 20:47||
#3 TOPIX > CHINA CONFIRMS MORE SHIPS' DEPLOYED TO SHOAL.
* SAME > CHINA BLAMES PHILIPPINES FOR MORE SHIPS IN SOUTH CHINA SEA.
* SAME >PHILIPPINE GOVT: CHINESE SHIPS IN NAVAL STANDOFF OUTNUMBER US 100 TO 2.
* SAME > REPORT: CHINESE [Military] AIRSTRIP NEAR DISPUTED ISLANDS NEARLY COMPLETE. PLAAF can allegedly reach both Taiwan + South China Sea.
* REAL CLEAR POLITICS > CHINA'S EXPANDING "CORE" ["Core Interests"].
ARTIC = No longer just limited to TIBET + TAIWAN + XINJIANG only, but Beijing has now also expanded its definition to the Japanese Senkakus [ China = Daoyus/Daoyutai], + nearly all of South China Sea.
* SAME > CHINA'S POWER RISES IN STANDOFF WID PHILIPPINES.
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > TAIWAN: DAOYUS ISLANDS BELONGS TO JAPAN | TAIWANESE PRESIDENT REAFFIRMS DAOYUS iSLANDS IS JAPANESE TERRITORY.
* DEFENCE FORUM INDIA > VIETNAMESE INTELLECTUALS BACK PHILIPPINES' PANATAG CLAIM.
* SAME > BUGTLAT: CLAIMS THAT US WILL AID PHILIPPINES [militarily intervene] AGZ CHINA JUST [Philippines'] FANTASY | RELIANCE ON PAST TREATY OBLIGATIONS WID US HAS NOT HELPED PHILIPPINES IMPROVE ITS MILITARY CAPABILITIES, + SHOULD BE EXPECTED TO HELP IN ENGAGING CHINA'S MILITARY.
* TOPIX > CHINA HAILS UN REJECTION OF JAPAN SEA CLAIMS, as per Okinotori Reef-Atoll = "continental shelf", which would epxand Japan's geographical area by nearly twice,, + allow Japan to claim up to 740,000 kms of UW Seafloor around Okinotori.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-05-28 23:32||