Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
Posted by newc 2012-06-01 01:07||
#2 The Supreme People's Assembly named Kim Jong-il "eternal chairman" of the National Defense Commission
Did they just put a ghost in charge of national defense? Quick, we need to ask Israel if we can borrow their Ghost Voice Ray ....
Posted by gorb 2012-06-01 01:37||
#3 The US has responded by stating that it will never EVAR! recognize NOKOR as a Nuclear State.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-06-01 01:46||
#4 How about a compromise: We nuke Pyongyang.
Posted by gorb 2012-06-01 02:57||
#5 We can't do that. They're an "invincible military superpower."
Can't ya read?
Posted by tu3031 2012-06-01 20:06||
#6 SOKOR is now denying the North's new Nuke Mil State status, arguing that NOKOR is not an official signatory to the NPT.
Meanwhile, JAPAN = JMSDF on its part has deployed more AEGIS BMD-capable Destroyers to the West Sea to deal wid the strategic or LT threat from NOKOR's alleged nuclear, Missle arsenal, + IMO to also SSSSSSSHHHHHHHH counter China's own naval buildup in same.
* TOPIX > WEST SEA BECOMES NEW ARENA FOR BIG POWER RIVALRY [US-China-Japan].
ARTIC = denotes that CHINA plans to expand PLAN naval operations to GUAM, SAIPAN [CNMI], + INDONESIA ARC ["Second Island Chain"] by 2020
* SAME > PANETTA: PENTAGON TO SHIFT WARSHIPS TO PACIFIC. Up to 60% of entire USN Fleet could be assigned to the Pacific by 2020.
* SAME > CANADA EYES/SEEKS SINGAPORE HUB TO SUPPORT US MILITARY'S ASIA "PIVOT" TOWARD CHINA, i.e. counter Rising China.
* INDIAN DEFENCE FORUM > PANETTA: US TO RENEW NAVAL POWER IN ASIA-PACIFIC [ + stay vigilant agz Rising China].
* SAME > TIMES OF INDIA: [new]US SEVENTH FLEET BASE IN BANGLADESH? | EXCLSUIVE: AMERICA EYES BANGLADESH [Chittagong].
* DEFENCE FORUM INDIA > PANETTA: US WILL LEAN ON TECHNOLOGY [+ State-vs-State Regional Partnerships] FOR ASIA-PACIFIC PIVOT COUNTER.
> US to raise troop levels in Asia-Pacific above current 330,0000.
> Pacific needs to be a RULES-BASED REGION AS RELIANT ON THE RULES OF INTERNATIONAL ORDER.
* SAME > BANGLADESH: AMERICA'S NEW STRATEGIC CYNOSURE IN SOUTH ASIA.
* SAME > HILLARY IN DHAKA: WHY? + WHY NOW?
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > GWADAR PORT STALEMATE:IS CHINA'S "STRING OF PEARLS" STRATEGY A FAILURE?
* TOPIX, CHINA DAILY FORUM > BIDEN VOWS TO CONFRONT RISING POWER OF CHINA | BIDEN: WAHSINGTON NOW HAS NEW STRATEGY TO COUNTER [defeat] CHINA'S RISE.
* RIAN.RU > RUSSIA TO REOPEN ARCTIC AIRBASES.
* SAME > RUSSIA TO BUILD UP SUBMARINE TASK FORCE ALONG NORTHERN SEA ROUTE.
* SAME > PUTIN ORDERS NAVAL DEVELOPMENT [+ more MilWeaps] IN ARCTIC, FAR EAST.
And once again again, Virgina, we relearn why Russia's formal annexation of the Japanese Kuriles is actually aimed more at China + [strategic Pacific access] than dissing Nippon.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-06-02 00:20||