Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
Posted by Fred 2012-06-16 00:00||
Front Page|| [208 views ]
File under: Govt of Syria
#1 Moscow cares about its Mediterranean fleet [Tartarus] + Caucasus, Central Asia security + reducing tensions wid Assad BFF RISING IRAN + IRAN-VS-TURKEY which also affects the Caucasus, Central Asia situation.
FYI ANY EXPLOSION IN ASIA MINOR INCLUD IRAN MAY ALSO AFFECT EASTERN EUROPE, WHICH RUSSIA + RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH [Moscow = aka "The Third Rome"] DEEMS TO BE ITS "SPHERE/DOMAIN"
OF CULTURE + INFLUENCE.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-06-16 00:12||
#2 * E.G. DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > [FNA] DILOMAT: SYRIA READY FOR [any] POSSIBLE WAR, agz any + all foreign powers.
* TOPIX > IRAN LOOKS TO CHINA + RUSSIA FOR MILITARY SUPPORT AS PRESSURE FROM THE WEST INCREASES.
* ION TOPIX > IAEA CHIEF [Amano]: AGENCY NEVER CLAIMED IRAN HAD NUCLEAR WEAPONS OR INTENDED TO DEVELOP NUCLEAR WEAPONS.
* SAME > ISRAEL LACKS COURAGE, POWER TO ATTACK IRAN'S NUCLEAR SITES: VELAYATI.
* SAME > BAHRAIN KING: INSULTS TO ARMY [by local Shias,Other] WON'T BE ALLOWED.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-06-16 00:24||
#3 * DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > TURKEY + QATAR TO TAKE JOINT MILITARY ACTION AGZ SYRIA? | [GlobalResearch] POSSIBLE DEAL BETWEEN TURKEY + QATAR ON MILITARY OPERATION AGZ SYRIA.
* IIRC SAME > QATAR + SAUDI ARABIA CONSPIRE TO TOPPLE IRAQI GOVERNMENT: MALIKI.
Looks like Iran may yet find itself in a multi-front conflict agz these three regional rivals - Qatar in particular becomes that much more vital to any anti-Nucprog US = US-led Coalition iff Iran's schema to keep US CVNS + Amphibs, + Allied, out of the Persian Gulf proper + limited to the Sea of Oman + beyond succeeds???
Unless the USDOD can initiate a significant military buildup in Bahrain, espec BMD?, methinks its safe to say that the US Fifth Fleet base there will be all but absolut destroyed via Iran saturation strike. The USDOD must be aware of this threat because they have repor begun "expansion" of the Bahrain base.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-06-16 22:40||