Major operation in Malakand completed: Mukhtar
LAHORE: The major military operation in Swat and other areas of Malakand division has been completed and only small, partial offensives are still being carried out, Defence Minister Ahmed Mukhtar said on Sunday.
In an interview with a private TV channel, Mukhtar said militants were losing strength and were attacking religious scholars after being cornered. He said a military operation would be conducted in any part of the country where there was a need to eliminate militancy and terrorism.
He said it was too early comment on the termination of any high-profile targets in the Swat operation. Mukhtar said some mass graves had been discovered in areas where the operation was still underway.
Posted by: Steve White 2009-06-15