More Mexican Mayhem
34 Die in Northern Mexico
A total of 34 individuals were murdered in ongoing drug and gang related violence in northern Mexico that including a state police agent involved shooting in Juarez Friday that left four dead.
- An unidentified man was shot to death in Chihuahua, Chihuahua early Wednesday morning. The victim was on foot near the intersection of calles Carlos Fuero and 38th in the Dale colony when at least two armed suspects shot him.
- An unidentified man was shot to death in a hospital in Parral, Chihuahua Tuesday afternoon. Six armed suspects broke into the emergency room at the Hospital General in Parral, where the victim had been admitted with gunshot wounds he suffered earlier in Balleza, Chihuahua, and shot and killed him.
- An unidentified restaurant owner was shot and wounded in a daylight kidnapping Wednesday. Armed suspects broke into the Mirador Restaurant near the intersection of avenidas Mirador and Reno in the Residentiale Campestre colony, forcing the victim into a waiting van after shooting him with assault rifles.
- An unidentified woman was beheaded in Juarez Wedensday. The victim's head was left on the hood of a Ford Contour sedan near then intersection of calles Tina Rico and Maria Marvel in the Revolucion Mexicana colony.
- An unidentified man was shot to death at his business in Juarez Wednesday evening. The victim was owner of the Azteca iron dealer on Calle Cuicuilco in the Morelos colony. Armed suspects went into the office and shot the victim to death. Several 9mm spent shell casings were found at the scene.
- Three unidentified men were killed in two separate incidents. according to the Mexican daily La Polaka.
- Two unidentified men were found dead in a vacant of in the Valle de Allende colony. The victims had been tortured before they were killed.
- An unidentified man driving his Dodge 300 with his family aboard was shot and killed in the Riveras del Bravo colony.
- Four unidentified men were shot to death and four others were wounded in a shooting in Juarez Thursday morning. The shooting took place at a gas station near the intersection of calles Gomez Morn and San Antonio. The two dead victims were in separate vehicles while the wounded victim was a passerby. Several vehicles and an office building facade were also damaged in the shooting. Earlier reports placed the death toll in the shooting at two, with one wounded. The apparent targets were two Chihuahua state police agents.
- An unidentified woman was shot to death in Chihuahua, Chihuahua Thursday afternoon. The victim was shot near the intersection of avenida Juerez and 12th, where armed suspects aboard two vehicles fired on her.
- Two men and a woman were shot to death in Juarez Thursday afternoon. One of the male victims was shot in the doorway of his residence near the intersection of calles Trebol and Bellavista in the Felipe Angeles colony, while the couple was shot while travelling aboard a Hummer SUV.
- Three unidentified men were shot to death in Chihuahua, Chihuahua Thursday evening. The victims were at a residence near the intersection of calles Zubiran and 29th. The victims were apparently attempting to flee a pursuit by their attackers by bailing out of a Dodge Neon sedan.
- A former major of Balleza, Chihuahua and a former first lady to a Balleza mayor were shot to death at a church in Balleza Thursday night. Former Balleza mayor Silvia Moreno Leal, 56, and Cecilia Medina Leal were at the Jehovah's Witnesses church near the intersection of Paola Aun de Aguirre and Francisco Sarabia when armed suspects burst into the church and shot the two women to death. About 50 individuals were in the church at the time of the shooting. The suspects left the church aboard at least two trucks.
- A woman was shot to death and her 11 year old daughter was wounded in a shooting that took place immediately after the shooting at the Balleza Jehovah Witnesses church. Francisca Villar, 38, and Itzel Karine Villar, 11, were at a gas station near the church when armed suspects fired on them.
- Three men were shot to death and a fourth was wounded in three separate shootings in Juarez early Friday morning, according to the Mexican news daily La Polaka.
- An unidentified man was shot to death in the street near the intersection of calles Sierra de Juarez and Montes Urales. Reports say AK-47 assault rifles were used.
- One man was shot to death and another was wounded in a foot pursuit with armed suspects that ended at a bar near the intersection of Calle Manuel J. Cloutier and Avenida de Las Torres.
- An unidentified an was found shot to death near the intersection of calles Joaquin Terrazas and Aluminio in the Del Carmen colony. Reports say the victim was shot five times in the back.
- A Juarez city bus was attacked with AK-47 assault rifles Friday. The shooting took place near the intersection of calles Oscar Flores and Cesareo Santos where a city was attacked by armed suspects aboard a Chevrolet Malibu sedan. The engine of the bus was struck 23 times and disabled. No injuries to passengers or passersby were reported.
- The city hall of Gran Morelos, Chihhuahua was attacked with small arms fire Friday. The facade of the building was hit at least 100 times with AK-47 assault rifles. No one was reported hurt in the shooting. Gran Morelos is about 50 kilometers south of Chihuahua city.
- A man was shot to death in Chihuahua, Chihuahua Friday. Ignacio Gonzalez was on foot near the intersection of calles Claudina Romero and Geronimo Aguilar where armed suspects aboard a three vehicle convoy shot and killed him in front of his wife.
- Two unidentified men were shot to death in Chihuahua, Chihuahua Friday afternoon. The victims were travelling aboard a Nissan Sentra near the intersection of calles Pekin and 24th when armed suspects in a two vehicle convoy shot and killed them.
- An unidentified woman was found shot to death in Juarez early Saturday mroning. The victim was found near the intersection of calles Puerto Alburquerque and Juarez Porvenir in the Ãguilas de Zaragoza colony.
- The police chief of Ascension and two of his security detail were found murdered near Ascension, Chihuahua. Manuel Martinez Arvizo and his two bodyguards were kidnapped on the Casas Grandes highway Friday. They were found dead near El Cuervo. Ascension is the town last fall where townspeople lynched two men alleged to be kidnappers.
To see two Rantburg reports on the Ascension lynchings last fall, click here and here
- Five men were found shot to death in Torreon, Coahuila Thursday following a day of intergang violence. Four of the victims were aboard two sedans in the Cerro de Cruz colony, while the fifth was found on the ground nearby.
Posted by: badanov 2011-05-15