John Brennan condemns Trump for stripping him of security clearance
- [Daily Mail, Where America Gets Its News] White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders read a statement from the president canceling former CIA chief's security clearance
- Brennan is a longtime agent who ran the Puzzle Palace under President Obama and was at the helm during the Osama bin Laden raid
- He served under Republican and Democratic presidents and has become a fierce Trump critic on Twitter; was a key figure in the launch of the Russia probe
- Sanders read a list of other critics whose clearances are under review
- They include James Clapper, James Comey, Michael Hayden, Sally Yates, Susan Rice, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page and Bruce Ohr
- Brennan tweeted in July that Trump's summit with Vladimir Putin was 'treasonous'
- Trump's statement cited Brennan's 'increasingly frenzied commentary'
- Clapper said Trump was being handled 'like an asset' of Russia
- Ohr is a current high level Justice Department official whose wife worked for Fusion GPS political intel firm
- Wednesday's stunning decision immediately moved the conversation away from Omarosa Manigault-Newman's book in which she calls Trump a 'racist'
- The statement originally carried a July 26 date – indicating it was rushed from the shelf
Posted by: Fred 2018-08-16