Trump orders 1,000 MORE troops to the Middle East as Pentagon reveals color 'proof' that Iran's Revolutionary Guards attacked oil tankers in the Gulf
[Daily Mail, where America gets its news]
| As usual, the Daily Mail has an entire collection of interesting photos that are no doubt very informative to the educated eye. |
- Pentagon release new images it says were taken from an MH-60R Navy surveillance helicopter of the aftermath of alleged Iranian attack on tankers in the Gulf of Oman
- Acting defense secretary Patrick Shanahan announces 1,000 more troops will go to the Middle East for 'defensive purposes' and says deployment is to 'protect our national interests'
- Sources say 1,000 more troops are being sent to the Middle East although timing of deployment is unclear
- Separately Iran said it was about to surpass the limit on uranium stockpiles it had accepted under the nuclear deal which Donald Trump quit
Queerly enough, it is my understanding that the IAEA has not yet looked into the additional sites Israel gleaned from that archive warehouse Israel emptied just ahead of its Iranian guards. So the IAEA actually has no idea whatsoever whether Iran actually currently is below or above that limit, regardless what Iran might claim.
- The White House's National Security Council said: 'President Trump has made it clear he will never allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons.'
- Color pictures were revealed after allies said they wanted more proof than grainy black and white surveillance pictures Pentagon put out last week
- U.S. military says pictures show an Iranian Revolutionary Guards armed fast patrol vessel alongside the M/T Kokuku Courageous removing an unexploded limpet mine after another one went off on the other side
- 'Iran is responsible for the attack based on video evidence and the resources and proficiency needed to quickly remove the unexploded limpet mine,' Central Command said in a statement
- Among the pictures is one showing what is said to be the remnants of the removed limpet mine and another one which shows what the military say is a handprint left by one of the Revolutionary Guards
Posted by: Skidmark 2019-06-18