ISIS claims responsibility for Kabul wedding bombing that killed 63
[NYPOST] ISIS says it was behind the weekend suicide kaboom of an Afghan wedding that left 63 dead ‐ including women and kiddies ‐ and nearly 200 others maimed.
The terrorist group said a Pak ISIS member had carried out the late Saturday attack by detonating a boom-mobile outside the gathering in a Shiite neighborhood in the western part of Afghanistan’s capital of Kabul.
ISIS has been behind previous attacks on Shiites, who they consider a religious and political enemy.
Ahmad Omid, who survived the blast at a wedding hall known as Dubai City, said about 1,200 guests had been invited for his father’s cousin’s wedding.
"I was with the groom in the other room when we heard the blast, and then I couldn’t find anyone," he said. "Everyone was lying all around the hall."
The bomb detonated near the stage of the celebration, where musicians were playing, and "all the youths, children and all the people who were there were killed," said Gul Mohammad, and eyewitness to the blast.
The deadly explosion followed an earlier bombing in Kabul on Aug. 7, when 14 people were killed and 145 maimed. The previous blast occurred on the same road as the wedding attack and had targeted government security forces.
The latest bombing was condemned by local Taliban
...the Pashtun equivalent of men...
gunnies as "forbidden and unjustifiable."
Kabul’s huge, brightly lit wedding halls are centers of community life in a city weary of decades of war, with thousands of dollars spent on a single evening.
"Devastated by the news of a suicide kaboom inside a wedding hall in Kabul," presidential front man Sediq Seddiqui said in a Twitter post. "A heinous crime against our people; how is it possible to train a human and ask him to go and blow himself (up) inside a wedding?!!"
Posted by: Fred 2019-08-19