Ilhan Omar DID marry her brother and said she would 'do what she had to do to get him "papers" to keep him in U.S.', reveals Somali community leader
[Daily Mail] What's the Somali word for WH0RE?
* Ilhan Omar told friends years ago that the man who went on to become her second husband was in fact her brother, DailyMail.com can confirm
* Abdihakim Osman is the first person to go on record to speak of how Omar said she wanted to get her brother papers so he could stay in the United States
* It has long been rumored that Omar and Ahmed Elmi are siblings, but because of a lack of paperwork in war-torn Somalia, proof has never been uncovered
* Osman said: 'She said she needed to get papers for her brother to go to school. We all thought she was just getting papers to allow him to stay in this country'
* Omar was married to her second husband Elmi in 2009 by a Christian minister - although she is Muslim
* She was first married to Ahmed Hirsi in 2002 in a Muslim ceremony, before they split in 2008 - but she later had another child with Hirsi while legally wed to Elmi
* Osman said: 'When [Hirsi] and Ilhan got married, a lot of people were invited. It was a big Islamic wedding uniting two large clans in the community'
* He added: 'When she married Elmi, no one even knew about it... No one knew there had been a wedding until the media turned up the certificate years later'
Her spokesman told DailyMail.com that Omar, 37, does not comment on her family or personal life.
'The Congresswoman is focused on the work her constituents sent her to Washington to accomplish,' he said.
Omar married her first husband Hirsi in 2002 in a Muslim ceremony that, like many in the immigrant community, was not registered with the state.
Their first child Isra was born the following year and a second followed.
But in the late 2000s Elmi appeared in Minneapolis, said Osman, who referred to Hirsi by his nickname 'Southside' throughout the interview.
'People began noticing that Ilhan and Southside (Hirsi) were often with a very effeminate young guy,' Osman said, who spoke in Somali through an interpreter.
'He was very feminine in the way he dressed ‐ he would wear light lipstick and pink clothes and very, very, short shorts in the summer. People started whispering about him.
'[Hirsi] and Ilhan both told me it was Ilhan's brother and he had been living in London but he was mixing with what were seen as bad influences that the family did not like.
'So they sent him to Minneapolis as ''rehab''.'
Osman, who runs a popular Facebook blog called Xerta Shekh, which comments on Somali issues, said that Omar kept her marriage to Elmi quiet, with no one from the Somali community invited to the wedding.
He explained: 'When [Hirsi] and Ilhan got married, a lot of people were invited. It was a big Islamic wedding uniting two large clans in the Minneapolis community.
'I would say there were 100-150 people there.'
But, he said: 'When she married Elmi, no one even knew about it.'
Osman said at the time Hirsi was better known than Omar among Somalis. 'He was a footballer, he promoted a lot of Somali shows, he was very popular.
'So the scandal was about [Hirsi's] brother-in-law more than Ilhan's brother.'
It has long been rumored that Omar and Elmi are brother and sister.
But because of a lack of paperwork in war-torn Somalia where they were both born, positive proof of their relationship has never been uncovered.
Posted by: Frank G 2020-02-21