'We're taking back the streets': Mayor Bill de Blasio orders MORE cops to be stationed across NYC to curb gun violence after weeks of bloodshed with 142% surge in shootings - despite slashing NYPD budget by $1billion
[Daily Mail, where America gets its news]
- Bill de Blasio unveiled his 'Take Back the Block' plan to curb gun violence Friday
- The initiative focuses on increasing community involvement with civilians serving as 'violence interrupters'
...that certainly sounds clever...
"Blessed be the violence interrupters, for they will get shot."
- It will also expand the police presence in violent hotspots including Harlem
- De Blasio announced the plan nearly a week after Fourth of July weekend saw 63 people shot and at least 11 killed in New York City
- Gun violence has surged more than 140 percent over the past month
- NYPD officials blamed the surge on de Blasio's decision to cut $1billion from the department's budget and accused him of 'surrendering' the city to crime
Posted by: Skidmark 2020-07-11