You have commented 304 times on Rantburg.

Your Name
Your e-mail (optional)
Website (optional)
My Original Nic        Pic-a-Nic        Sorry. Comments have been closed on this article.
Bold Italic Underline Strike Bullet Blockquote Small Big Link Squish Foto Photo
-Signs, Portents, and the Weather-
Chinese boy loses finger, partial eyesight as charging mobile phone explodes
2018-02-04
[GEO.TV] A 12-year-old Chinese boy suffered a major injury to his hand and eye when his mobile phone ‐ that was being charged ‐ went kaboom! in his room, British tabloid Daily Mail reported citing Chinese media.

Meng Jisu was about to pick up his phone, which was plugged into the electric socket for charging, when it blew up, ripping away the index finger of his right hand and leaving him blind in his right eye. The plastic shrapnel from the blast hit his face, causing the injury.

The young boy, who was found unconscious and covered in blood by his elder sister, had to undergo a five-hour-long surgery and is still in the hospital, according to Chinese media, which also identified the mobile phone as locally-made Hua Tang VT-V59.

As per the doctors who operated on Jisu ‐ including People's Hospital chief physician Lan Tianbing ‐ the "’shredded’ index finger was not brought along" and that "it was not possible to reattach" it.

"The doctors also carried out skin graft on his right forearm, reattached the blood vessels of his thumb, middle finger and ring finger onto his right hand," Daily Mail wrote.

Jisu would hopefully regain 98 percent use of his maimed hand.

Posted by:Fred

#1  Samsung Note 7?
Posted by: Frank G   2018-02-04 08:54  

00:00