Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
Posted by trailing wife 2013-02-06 07:09||
Front Page|| [334 views ]
File under: Govt of Iran
#1 Either they are bluffing, or they got lots of help somewhere.
Either way, thanks Obama for once again being asleep at the helm. Your foreign policy is an unmitigated disaster.
Posted by DarthVader 2013-02-06 11:21||
#2 Darth, did you really expect foreign to be any better than domestic?
The problem is A**hole'bama has a different definition of effective to people that care about the US constitution and history.
Posted by AlanC 2013-02-06 14:01||
#3 How can this be? Iran assured us that their atomic power research was purely for peaceful purposes. The mullahs said that nuclear weapons were un-Islamic.
Posted by Rambler in Virginia 2013-02-06 15:32||
#4 let's see what happens with the next N-tests in N. Korea.
Posted by Raider 2013-02-06 16:10||
#5 I don't know, he could be talking about the plants and not weapons itself. What he thinks is a Nuclear power and we think is a nuclear power in this exchange could be different.
Posted by Charles 2013-02-06 16:50||
#6 "[Iran]Not interested in attacking Israel" > to which the MSM-Net repors Iran BFF Syria's Baby Assad was NOT a happy camper.
See also RELATED TOPIX > AHMADINEJAD: WORLD MUST TREAT IRAN AS A NUCLEAR POWER.
* DEFENCE FORUM INDIA > [Fox News Channel = FNC] SYRIA SCALES BACK THREAT AGZ ISRAEL OVER AIRSTRIKES, SUGGESTS IT WON'T RETALIATE.
Lest we fergit, versus ...
* TOPIX > LARIJANI VOWS ALL-OUT IRAN SUPPORT FOR SYRIA.
* RELATED SAME > [FNA] PARLIAMENT SPEAKER [Ali Larijani] ATTACK ON SYRIA NEEDED/MEANT TO BUY ISRAEL TIME [+ Opportunity], for new regional shennanigans.
* AL-JAZEERA; TURKISH PM [Erdogan] SLAMS ISRAEL FOR SYRIA ATTACK, accussing Israel of engaging in wily dastardly illegal STATE TERRORISM + gener WARMONGERING.
* FOX NEWS = IIRC, the US has decided to keep only one USN CVN, i.e. the USS "DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER" MINUS USN CVN USS "HARRY S. TRUMAN", in the Persian Gulf due to sequestration-related budget cutbacks.
* TOPIX > [Washington Times = Noah Beck] BECK:OBAMA'S LAST CHANCE TO STOP IRAN.
A "perfect storm" of International Econ + Political/Geopol events + circumstances is restricting Obama's options agz Iran while motivating the latter to "sprint" towards dev of Nuclear Weapons or Nuclear Weapons capability.
IOW, IRAN'S IS ESCALATING TOWARDING NUKES WHILE THE BAMMER = USA ATTENTION IS DIVERTED OR OTHERWISE PREOCCUPIED ELSEWHERE.
IIUC, Iran believes Baby Assad = Syria can hold out agz the Rebs + International pressures while it focuses its national efforts on rapid development of nuclear technology ala the "Japan/Egypt Model", i.e. the Tech, Indistrial skills + proficiencies, etc. to quickly dev real NucWeaps while NOT actually doing so in order to deny the US-Israel-West any rationale for attack or ground war agz Iran. WHATEVER NUKE DEVICES [Dirty Bombs?] IRAN DEVS OR ACQUIRES WILL BE KEPT MAINLY IN RESERVE BACK IN IRAN TO DETER OR DEFEAT ANY US OR US-LED GROUND WAR TO OVERTHROW THE POST-SHAH REVOLUT GOVT. IN TEHRAN.
As before, the burden remains on the US-n-only the-US to attack or invade an Iran wid no de facto physical NucBombs = NucWeaps, only "Energy/
There is of course "domestic regime change", but thus far the Mullahs in Tehran have been successful in repressing any movement, + the US-Allies have shown little or no inclination as per 1980's CONTRA-STYLE SUPPORT of the Iranian opposition.
Again, ME > "IFF THE US DOES NOT INVADE, IRAN WILL GET ITS NUKES".
Posted by JosephMendiola 2013-02-06 22:16||
No I didn't. But then, I ain't a liberal either... :p
Posted by DarthVader 2013-02-06 22:27||