Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > US, WEST IGNORING PAKISTAN'S NUCLEAR THREAT, espec after 2014 when formal Govt/Power-sharing starts taking place vee the Talibunnies.
Right now, though, IRAN needs Pakistan's Nuke Arsenal to mainly to deter US-Allied Milaction agz its NucProgs + in defense of Iran's strategic interests includ Hezbollah, until such time Iran per se is ready to do so in its own.
* TOPIX > [US News & World Report] FACING A NUCLEAR IRAN, ISRAEL MUST RETHINK ITS NUCLEAR AMBIGUITY.
No more hiding by Israel per the real size or strength of its Nuclear Arsenal. ISRAEL IS POTENS FACING SEVERAL NUKE-WANNABE, ISLAMIST, POST-SPRING MUSLIM STATES.
* SAME > [Reuters] NETAYAHU: NEW IRAN CENTRIFUGES COULD SHORTEN PATH TO ATOMIC BOMB.
The sound you're hearing is Iran's Clerics + Radical Islam's Hard/Burqua Boyz happily skipping along throughout their day.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2013-02-12 00:43||
#3 OOOOPPSIES, forgot DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > VIDEO: CATALONIA CALLING THE CHINESE NAVY.
Pro-Independence Activists supporting a supposition of a future independent Catalonia offering "Base Rights" to China + PLAN in Baracelona + Tarragona, to offset the wily dastardly French + Spanish just a short distance away.
As said the other day, CHINA MAY HAD FORMALLY REJECTED THE JAPAN-PROPOSED IDEA OF "ISLAND-SHARING VEE THE DISPUTED SENKAKUS/DAOYUS, BUT WILL IT STILL DO SO IFF THE SAME WAS OFFERED BY THE DEBT-N-SEQUESTRATION BURDENED USA = BAMMER ADMIN.???
E.G. WORLD MILITARY FORUM > EXPERTS SAY CHINA SHOULD CONSIDER/MULL PURCHASING JAPAN'S FORMER "NORTHERN TERRITORIES" FROM RUSSIA IN EXCHANGE FOR THE DIAOYU ISLANDS.
Intehwesting, but unlikely, as Mama Russia is more interested in making sure SCO-CSTO BFF China stays out of Russia's Far East AMAP ALAP.
Chinese Perts, however, acknowledge the importance of Sakhalin to any PLA conventional force mass attack agz Japan.
* Also from WORLD MILITARY FORUM > UAE "KHALEEJ TIMES" FOREIGN MEDIA: JAPAN CAMP OF ANY SINO-JAPANESE MILITARY CONFLICT OVER THE DIAOYU ISLANDS IS LIKELY DOOMED TO FAILURE UNLESS THE US CAN INTERVENE ON JAPAN'S SIDE WID ITS NUCLEAR AIRCRAFT CARRIERS. CHINA ROUGHLY HAS UP TO 90 DAYS TO MILITARILY FORCE JAPAN INTO PRO-CHINA SURRENDER OR CEASE-FIRE BEFORE JAPAN CAN CONVERT ITS LARGE STOCKPILES OF NUCMATS INTO NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR USE IN COMBAT AGZ CHINA.
* SAME > CHINA'S PLAAF SHOULD CONDUCT ROUTINE OVERFLIGHTS + SURVEILLANCE OVER THE OKINAWA TROUGH [CHINA'S PRIMARY DELIMITATION OF THE "CONTINENTAL SHELF" IN THE EAST CHINA SEA], + NOT FEAR OR BE BOUND TO JASDF "IDENTIFICATION ZONE" AIRSPACE RESTRICTIONS.
* GLOBALNATION INQUIRER.NET > OBAMA MOVES TO ELEVATE STATUS OF US ARMY IN PACIFIC.
USARPAC to now be commanded by a four-star Top Egg. Just more proof to me that my home island of Guam is now a [transit] node for CONUS-based US Army-Marine RDF/RRFS, at least for a while.
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > [The Trumpet] RUSSIA JOINS CHINA IN PROVOKING US ALLY. Idea of US MilPol Conflict wid both Russia + China is just too much for war-weary US.
ARTIC = denotes than in a so-called "MULTI-POLAR WORLD", ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.
"Murphy's Laws" applicable.
RELATED YOMIURI SHIMBUN > RUSSIAN PATROL PLANES [2 ea. IL-38's] COME CLOSE [again] TO JAPAN.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2013-02-12 01:17||
#4 In the meantime, our president is trying to downsize our nuclear arsenal unilaterally.
Posted by JohnQC 2013-02-12 07:55||
#5 his SOTU speech tonight was going to call just for that JohnQC. Oops! Reality sucks, huh?
Posted by Frank G 2013-02-12 08:11||
Posted by tipper 2013-02-12 08:23||
#7 This is when the "more flexibility" kicks in.
Posted by Mugsy Glink 2013-02-12 08:35||
#8 South Korea should conduct a test next week. See how China like that.
Posted by Nimble Spemble 2013-02-12 08:41||
Reality sucks, huh?
What makes you think reality will change anything with him?
Posted by Rob Crawford 2013-02-12 08:55||
#10 #8 better Japan or, since we're having a problem keeping air craft carriers fueled, how about selling one/two to Tokyo. They used to know how to use them. Let Beijing reap what it sows.
Posted by Procopius2k 2013-02-12 09:10||
#11 Or Taiwan?
Posted by Nimble Spemble 2013-02-12 10:28||
#12 The reall effect is on Japan. They will scale up their military and go nuclear. This is the end of the old agreements limiting the size & role of Japan's military.
This could also upset the Israeli Govt a lot. How do we know this wasn't a secret test of an Iranian bomb? And even it was a N. Korean nuke - how do the Israelis know the N. Koreans won't sell the plans to the Iranians?? It's a mess.
Posted by Raider 2013-02-12 11:19||
#13 The WH and the leftist media are busy today.
How do we blame this on the Republicans?
Posted by lord garth 2013-02-12 11:45||
Posted by newc 2013-02-12 11:55||
#15 So is this what Achmadinejad meant when he said Iran is already nuclear? Is this what Netanyahu means when he says Iran is speeding up its nuclear program? I'm thinking if the NORKS can do it and they're cooperating with the Iranians then the Iranians can do it too. For all we know it could have been an Iranian or possibly a jointly produced nuke that was detonated and they are just trying to fool the Israelis into believing it's strictly a NORK bomb.
Thanks for all the hand wringing Clinton, Bush and Obama. Thanks for all the trade agreements with China that have enriched that country and the fiscal policies that have brought our country to the brink of bankruptcy. Thanks a whole bunch. Morons.
Posted by Ebbang Uluque6305 2013-02-12 12:08||
#16 Coming soon, a two theater conflict against a Western, one(-) theater war force.
Posted by Besoeker 2013-02-12 12:14||
#17 North Korea, Iran and Pakistan are all proxies for China. None of these states would have ballistic missiles or nuclear warheads without tutelage from the Chinese.
Don't forget about the warhead blueprints recovered from Libya. They were of a Chinese nuke warhead for one of their early missiles. AQ Khan got it from the Chinese and provided all his centrifuge customers with it.
Posted by john frum 2013-02-12 12:22||
#18 "Don't forget about the warhead blueprints recovered from Libya."
Is there a link for that? Would like to read that story.
Posted by Raider 2013-02-12 12:27||
* WORLD NEWS > [McClatchy Newspapers] EXPERTS: US MUST PREPARE FOR THE DAY NORTH KOREA CAN PUT A NUCLEAR WARHEAD ON A ROCKET.
US-World may have to learn to live wid a North Korea/DPRK as a de facto NUCLEAR WEAPONS POWER.
Ditto as per RISING IRAN + other possible POST-"ARAB SPRING" ISLAMIST GOVTS-STATES IN THE MUSLIM MIDDLE EAST + NORTH AFRICA.
* SAME > NORTH KOREA NUKE TEST HERALDS NEW + RISKY JONG-UN STRATEGY.
* DAILY YOMIURI > ANALYSIS; NORTH KOREA PLAYS "NUCLEAR [Missle] CARD", to maximize its barter or negotiation advantages vee the USA.
* WORLD NEWS > [WND = Joseph Farah'S G2 Bulletin] US, IRAN BOTH SHIFTING FOCUS TO ASIA.
* SAME > [SCMP] CHINESE LEADER MUST KEEP BRASH + RECKLESS PLA IN CHECK - OR RISK WAR.
* SAME > [The Himalayan] ABU SAYAFF THRIVING IN THE PHILIPPINES.
AS = renamed one day to "Al-Qaeda-in-the-Philippines"? NUCLEAR?
Manila now faces two threats - LOCAL MOROS + FOREIGN JIHADISTS/ISLAMISTS to its south in Mindanao; + CHINA + PLA in the SCS + to the far North of Subic Freeport + ex-Clark AFB + Manila Metro, AKA WHERE THE USDOD + PHIL ARMED FORCES ARE NOT.
"Oh, give me a home where the Carabaos roam, + nothing but Coconut trees + Geckos ply all day".
THE US DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH MARINES FACING THE CHINA-CLAIMED/CONTROLLED SOUTH CHINA SEA, + NOTHING TO FACE CHINA NORTH OF THE MANILA REGION.
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > HEAD OF US MARINES SAYS TRAINING MISSIONS WID VIETNAM [+ other SE Asian Countries] A POSSIBILITY.
USMC Commandant Gen. James Amos.
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > [AsiaSociety.org] MABUHANI: CHINA NOT PREPARED TO BE THE WORLD'S NO. 1, US IS NOT READY TO BE THE WORLD'S NO.2.
D *** NG IT, "KILLER DAN" = "HOW CAN WE WIN THE WAR"!
Posted by JosephMendiola 2013-02-12 23:09||