Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
Posted by tu3031 2012-04-26 00:15||
#2 Thats actually par for the Syrians, be it Bashir = Baby Assad, or his late Daddy-o.
* TOPIX > SYRIA FACES NEO-MUJAHIDEED STRUGGLE.
I'll say - the Hard Boyz back in AFPAK are wearing raggedy traditional Islamic wear, the Syrian Hard Boyz are post-modern le chic.
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > TURKISH LEADERS: [JDP] GOVT. HAS TURNED TURKEY INTO A BASE FOR TERRORISM, + Imperialism.
PM Erdogan attempting to enforce a unilateral PRO-TURKIC/KEMALIST "GREATER MIDDLE EAST" AGENDUM???
* SAME > TURKISH ReSIGNED OFFICIALS: ERDOGAN IS TOOL WHOM IS CARRYING OUT THE PROJECTS OF SUPERPOWERS, not Turkey's interests.
* SAME > TURKEY TO STAGE [Aegean]MARITIME EXERCISES UNDER IRANIAN SUPERVISION | IRANIAN FORCES TO OBSERVE TURKISH MILITARY EXERCISES.
* TOPIX > IRANOLOGIST: AZERBAIJAN ARMY TOO WEAK TO DEFEND PIPELINE, REGION DURING [any]IRAN-AZERI WAR, IRAN ONLY NEEEDS 10% OF ITS ARMY TO REACH [take] BAKU.
* SAME > IMF ASKS CAUCASUS + CENTRAL ASIA TO CREATE MORE JOBS, espec to deter or defeat Rising Islamism among the youths + working-class [males].
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-04-26 01:52||
#3 The thing that gets me about this is "Where do you expect them to be withdrawn too?"
I assume that it's expected that all the troops and weapons be stored in a warehouse/base somewhere and just allow the rebels to have freedom of movement and freedom to fire but c'mon that's ridiculous. This is a civil war, either pick a side and help of shut up and leave them alone.
Posted by AlanC 2012-04-26 10:59||
#4 This is a civil war, either pick a side and help of shut up and leave them alone.
Already picked a side. And are helping it. But the narrative must be preserved.
Posted by g(r)omgoru 2012-04-26 11:10||
#5 Grom - I pick whoever is losing at any given moment as the one to quietly help.
Posted by Glenmore 2012-04-26 20:46||