Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
#1 Russia's Navy Chief says Russia won't give up Tartarus - as for the other places, China wants or desires its PLAN to be there.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-07-28 00:34||
#2 On a separate note, it would appear that Mama Russia seeks a similar overseas base venture as "post-US", future OWG World #1 wannabe Rising China in the East + South China Seas, + WESTPAC.
* DAILY TIMES.PK > CHINA APPOINTS OFFICERS Military Heads] TO SOUTH CHINA SEAS GARRISON [new offshore Sansha/Sashi City-Province] | CHINA NAMES MILITARY HEADS TO SOUTH CHINA SEA CITY.
ARTIC > PLA MGEN. Luo Yuan = argued that ...
> New "Sansha" Garrison will deter other Countries from "coveting the National Sovereignty" of China.
> China must now establish new Rules-N-Protocols on how foreign vessels can cross or travel thru the "Sansha/Sashi" + SCS WIDOUT BEING ATTACKED BY CHINESE MILITARY FORCES.
* WAFF > POSTER Thread = WOULD JAPAN AND CHINA ENTER INTO MILITARY CONFLICT OVER DISPUTED ISLANDS [Japan = Senkakus, China = Daoyus]?
ARTIC > JAPAN DM Satomi Moritomo = JAPAN CAN LEGALLY SEND SDF TROOPS = USE MILITARY FORCE TO DEFEND ITS CLAIM OF SOVEREIGNTY TO [China-claimed]SENKAKU ISLANDS, espec iff the Japanese Coast Guard + Other are NOT able to handle the situation.
RELATED INDIAN DEFENCE FORUM > PM NODA: JAPAN MAY USE SDF TO RESPOND OR COUNTER "WRONGFUL ACTS" BY OTHER NATIONS AGZ ITS SOVEREIGNTY.
* WORLD MILITARY FORUM > PHILIPPINE DAILY INQUIRER QUOTES CONGRESSMAN RODOLFO BIAZON: PHILIPPINES SHOULD MULL ASKING UNITED NATIONS TO FORM AND DEPLOY AN INTERNATIONAL PEACEKEEPING FORCE TO PANATAG SHOAL; MANILA SHOULD SEND PHILIPPINE GOVT. SHIPS BACK TO PANATAG TO "DISPLAY/SHOW THE FLAG" TO CHINESE VESSELS THERE.
* SAME > US ILLEGALLY GAVE ADMMINISTRATIVE CONTROL OF OKINAWA ISLANDS AND DAOYUS TO JAPAN IN 1951 TREATY OF SAN FRANCISCO IN GROSS VIOLATION OF CAIRO AND POTSDAM DECLARATIONS. JAPAN HAS "MANAGEMENT" POWERS ONLY, NOT SOVEREIGNTY, OVER OKINAWA AKA MING-ERA "RYUKYUS" CHINESE VASSAL STATE.
* SAME > PLA GENERAL LUO YUAN: SEVENTY-FIVE PERCENT [75%] OF OKINAWANS VOTED FOR SOVEREIGN INDEPENDENCE FROM JAPAN BACK IN 2006 POPULAR REFERENDUM, REMANING TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT [25%] VOTED FOR AUTONOMY ONLY. OKINAWANS FAVORABLE TO RECOVERY OF CONTACTS WID MAINLAND CHINA.
* TOPIX > PHILIPPINES: CHINESE GOVT. SHIPS NEVER LEFT DISPUTED SHOAL [PHIL = Panatag Reef-SHoal, China = Huangyan Island].
Taken collectively, what it comes down to is that there is only China's territories in the East and South China Seas - as far as Beijing is concerned, THESE ISLANDS + AREAS ARE NOT
"DISPUTED" ANYMORE IRREGARDLESS IFF THE ASEAN ANDOR NAM NATIONS, ETC. LIKE IT OR NOT, NOT EVEN AS PER THE USA.
In all likelihood, the US-NATO/EU are not gonna stand for this in LT - neither will Mama Russia whom Vietnam had invited to return.
Unlike Nuke-wannabe Iran in her threat to close the Straits of Hormuz, once already-Nuclear China decides to open fire it will sink everything, kill everyone it can to deeply impress its claims upon the opposing side(s).
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-07-28 02:19||
#3 "China decides to open fire it will sink everything, kill everyone it can to deeply impress its claims upon the opposing side(s)."
I agree. Should they meet opposition I believe they will fail miserably. They are bold and arrogant with a much weaker foe. To myself they are a strutting peacock.
Posted by Dale 2012-07-28 07:15||
#4 They handled those captured pirates appropriately.
Posted by swksvolFF 2012-07-28 08:22||
#5 What's the chance of the US establishing a base in Haiphong? ;^)
Now would that twist some knickers?
Posted by AlanC 2012-07-28 10:14||
#6 However, Sang was quoted as telling Voice of Russia radio that a maintenance and service facility at the port would be open to ships from all nations...
Hmmmm....except China. The papers will take a long time to process.
Posted by Procopius2k 2012-07-28 14:57||
#7 The bear has been sleeping. Being at the bottom so long anything they do is noticed.
Posted by Dale 2012-07-28 19:16||
#8 As per China, more related Artics from CHINESE MILITAY FORUM > JAPANESE GOVT. HAS WAR TALKS IN ANGER ABOUT CHINA IN DIAYOUTAI [China = Daoyus, Nippon = Senkakus] | JAPAN HAS WAGED WAR AT CHINA OVER THE DIAYOUTAI ISLANDS.
Read, CHINA = STALLED SINO-TAIWAN REUNIFICATION + STRATEGIC ACCESS FOR PLAN INTO WESTPAC.
* SAME > US F-22's HAVE LANDED IN JAPAN.
* WORLD MILITAY FORUM > RUSSIAN MEDIAS: ARRIVAL OF US MARINE CORPS' V-22 "OSPREY" VSTOL TRANSPORT IN JAPAN MAY DESTABILIZE SINO-JAPANESE RELATIONS AT THIS SENSITIVE TIME. CHINESE FEAR OF THE OSPREY'S ABILITY TO HOVER AND DELIVER US, JAPANESE COMBAT TROOPS ON DISPUTED DAOYUS WIDOUT NEED OF AIRSTRIPS.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2012-07-28 22:08||