Archived material is restricted to Rantburg regulars and members. If you need access email fred.pruitt=at=gmail.com with your nick to be added to the members list. There is no charge to join Rantburg as a member.
Posted by Fred 2013-02-17 00:00||
Front Page|| [295 views ]
File under: Govt of Iran
#1 "We are not seeking nuclear weapons, but if we happen to stumble over some, we'd sure like to blow up the Juices!"
Posted by SteveS 2013-02-17 00:30||
#2 My first thought too, SteveS
Posted by Mullah Richard 2013-02-17 11:08||
#3 Methinks he doth protest too much.
Posted by Bill Clinton 2013-02-17 14:42||
#4 Kitmen? Something tells me that ain't about early Sixties, debonair Heath product fanciers.
I am forced to Goog.
Posted by Shipman 2013-02-17 15:16||
#5 Hadn't heard of it b4: (Arabic kitmān كتمان "secrecy, concealment") is the act of paying lip service to authority while holding personal opposition.
Posted by Dopey Sinatra9196 2013-02-17 19:06||
#6 "Kitmen" > Gaaawd, haven't heard that term since the very early 1970's. I'm suddenly feeling old now.
As for IRAN,
* WAFF > [Russia Today] NORTH KOREA TESTED ENGINE FOR 5000-KM ICBM, one day before it conducted its third underground nuclear test.
Once again, the "MUSUDAN" KN-08.
* EINNEWS > IRAN CHEERING NORTH KOREA NUKE.
Yuuup, I'm sure they are.
Iran delegates includ Scientists repor observed the test.
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > IRAN USING CHINA TO SMUGGLE NUCLEAR MATERIALS? | ]AFP] ... ... DAVID ALBRIGHT'S ISIS REPORT RAISES CONCERN.
* SAME > KHAMENEI SAYS US COULDN'T [Can't] STOP IRAN FROM GETTING BOMB.
Not that Iran is officially interested in dev or acquiring NucWeaps, but even iff it were THE US CAN'T STOP IRAN FROM DOING SO.
* TOPIX > [Honolulu Star Bulletin] AS NORTH KOREA'S NUCLEAR ABILITY GROWS, CHINA FACES DILEMMA.
* EINNEWS > WORLD'S PROBLEM WID NORTH KOREA IS NOW CHINA'S.
Ditto for the US vee IRAN [+ DPRK].
Posted by JosephMendiola 2013-02-17 21:48||
#7 More IRAN NEWS ....
* DEFENCE.PK/FORUMS > IRAN PLANS TO BUILD NAVY BASE NEAR PAKISTAN COAST | [Farsi News Agency = FNA] IRAN BUILDING NAVY BASE ALONG SOUTHEASTERN COASTS.
* RELATED WAFF >[Yahoo News] IRAN PLANS TO ESTABLISH NEW NAVY BASE.
Outside of Persian Gulf in Sea of Oman/Arabian Gulf in Pasabandar.
Iran Navy seeks to develop Makkan Coasts which it historically had ignored or underutilized.
IMO more indication that Iran's anti-USN, anti-Aircraft Carrier strategeery is too contain or isolate any US or US-led intervening = invasion? forces to outside the Persian Gulf AMAP ALAP where they can be attacked by Iran's LR Conventional Airpower + LRBMS [TLCMS, SCUDS, DF-21's or Copy]. DESPITE THEIR PAST RHETORIC TO THE CONTRARY, IRAN'S MULLAHS WOULD LIKE THEIR ANTI-INVASION/GROUND WAR "LAST-RESORT" OPTION OF DETONATING NUKES-WMDS ON IRANIAN SOIL DOESN'T OCCUR AMAP ALAP.
By the same token, its prolly safe to say that in any US-Iran war, the USN Fifth Fleet Base, HQ at Bahrain will Iran's first target in Preemptive or Conventional, Limited TacNuke? "First-Strike"???
* PRESSTV > IRAN WARSHIPS TO DOCK IN CHINESE PORTS: NAVY COMMANDER.
Straits of Malaccas + prob HAINAN andor SHANGHAI - Hong Kong? Macau?
TURKEY + PAKISTAN NAVIES???
* SAME > PAKISTANI PORT[Gwadar]INTEGRAL TO CHINA'S MARITIME EXPANSION.
Broadly true asper China's influence in Indian Ocean + IOR Trade, but we must remember that in China's = Beijing's mind IT WON'T MEAN ANYTHING WIDOUT THEIR DE FACTO CONTROL OF TAIWAN UP IN NE ASIA. China's "post-US", future "World #1", "Manifest Destiny" + its "String of Pearls/Turtles of War" strategy is based on their control of Taiwan.
TAIWAN = APEX/TIP OF THEIR TAIWAN-HAINAN-GWADAR GEOPOL TRIANGLE. NO TAIWAN = NO POST-US
"MANIFEST DESTINY" FOR CHINA, at least for most or all of the 21st century.
WID REUNIFICATION WID TAIWAN STALLED, THAT MOVES THE ISSUE OF WHOM CONTROLS TAIWAN MORE TO THE MILITARY SIDE, VIA ACT OF WAR.
Posted by JosephMendiola 2013-02-17 22:27||